Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Update 4 Years Later

The last post was over 4 years ago! I'm proud to say that I've been cancer free for 4 years. It's a strange feeling. On one hand, it feels like it was just yesterday - getting the diagnosis, scheduling the surgery, enduring surgery, laying up in the hospital bed with a bag hanging from my neck, the month of strict no iodine diet, RAI therapy... On the other hand, it feels like it was so long ago and I've moved past that part of my life.

Since the last entry, many great things have happened. I got out of a toxic relationship, started a wonderful relationship then got married (!), became an aunt, reaffirmed my love of baking and creating with my hands, grew closer to my family and remain cancer free. But along with the good comes the bad. I was hospitalized twice - once for vertigo and once for labyrinthitis, had to go to rehab to regain my balance after the labyrinthitis, gained back 10 of the 30 pounds I lost, and was diagnosed with PCOS. And a couple things I don't know which category to put in so I'll call them close calls - almost lost my mother to a brain aneurysm, and had a re-occurrence scare after one my ultrasounds came back with suspicious lymph nodes (came back negative).

So, there's the update. The good, the bad and the close calls. But I'm trying to embrace it all because life does go on... and I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

jilee said...

and we are all thankful for you.