Thursday, July 22, 2010

Radioactive: Day 3

I woke up hoping that my sore throat would be better... It's a little better but now I've lost my voice! Not completely but it's hoarse. I'm not sure if it's because of the radiation or because I sleep with the air conditioner on and I've caught a cold or something.

This therapy is worse than post-op. I kicked cancer's ass, but so far therapy is proving to be a much stronger opponent. Isn't therapy supposed to be helping, not hurting?

We'll see how the day progresses. Maybe my voice will loosen up after a shower and breakfast. Although, I have no appetite at all. I have to FORCE myself to eat something. I think being on this low iodine diet for over a month has given me an eating disorder (unintentionally, of course.) I'm never hungry. I eat like a bird. For the past couple of days my meals have consisted of a handful of carrots, water and maybe a piece of fruit. I eat to not faint but that's about it. Even the thought of eating regular food doesn't appeal to me... and I've been looking forward to that for WEEKS! Just thinking about food makes me nauseous and exhausted. So for now, I'm sticking to ice cold water and sour candies. Even though the sour candy is now hurting my tongue.

I'm a mess....

2 comments:

Dojoven said...

Jung, therapy always hurts! Just remember it takes pain to feel better. I'm lucky I don't have to go through radiation (at least not yet).
I have stage 4 lung cancer, I was given 6 months to live. I am now on month 5. Believe me I will be here on this planet ALOT longer than 6 months. Be a warrior! Be strong! this is your life! Fight for it!
See you at Blogforcure...

God Bless

Dojoven

jilee said...

Only one more day until you can eat normally! Maybe then your appetite will come back. Do you want me to send you another kind of candy so it doesn't hurt your tongue?