Saturday, July 24, 2010

Radioactive: Day 5

Last night we had a really big storm. Lightning, thunder, rain that pounded on my windows. I loved it. It was like a jolt to get me out of my funk. I also had conversations with my family.

Why am I sitting around feeling sorry for myself? I'm better than that.

I still have the feeling of nausea, fatigue, loss of appetite, etc. but those things are not going to go away right now because I'm so hypo. I can't really change that.
What I can change is how I think about it. So I'm changing.

I'm changing my outlook and I'm changing my approach. I've been looking at therapy as the enemy. It's not. It's the help. I need to help it help me. (Whoa, did I just quote Jerry Maguire?)

Here's the new game plan. More water, more food, more positivity... most of all less bitching. I'm tired of it. I think the complaining and bitching is what's taking more energy than anything else. Energy I should be using to get myself better.

So let's go, radioiodine. Let's kill this thing once and for all...

3 comments:

jilee said...

That's a great attitude. I am so proud of you. You will beat this! Keep strong and keep on smiling and singing. I love you everyboddie!

H. Karl Skeletor said...

http://www.cafepress.com/+synthroid_tshirt_organic_womens_fitted_tshirt,369042216

jungeunie said...

Matt, I love that shirt! It's badass... in a nerdy kinda way. Haha!